New Movie Releases Reviewed in 7 Words Each
Ice Age: Continental Drift - Eventually the extinct creatures will die, right?
Things I'd rather do than watch the latest Ice Age film
Drum roll please...
10. Stand in the corner while the Blair Witch kills my friend.
9. Wonder why the first thing to come to mind was the Blair Witch project when I haven't watched that since it came out.
8. Worry that I'm just wasting this list with inane discussions of Bell Witches.
7. Realize that I said Bell Witch, which is in fact the story the Blair Witch is based on.
6. Actually I live like an hour away from the site, yet I've never gone. You live here but never think to do these things.
5. Course I also live in a town where a guy is supposed to have spontaneously combusted. Mind you that depends on the story. His daughter theorized aliens. At any rate, the earth has been permanently scorched there since it happened decades ago.
4. Or so I hear. Again, never have taken the time to check it out. Also something I'd rather do than watch Ice Age. Boy this has been getting off track.
1. Rewatch The Blair Witch Project to see if it's as boring as I remember it being.
In case you hadn't guessed by now, I've never been a huge fan of the Ice Age series. I'm an animation nut, but it's just not my cup of tea. Even if this one does have Nick Frost in it.
Good stay at home movies... 21 Jump Street is out on DVD, though it's hardly what I'd call a kids movie. Surprisingly hilarious, if not more than a little crude in places. For more gentle humour, Netflix is now streaming The Decoy Bride, a David Tennant romcom. It has some weak points, but it's pretty funny in places and has some really sweet moments.
Next week is all about The Dark Knight Rises. Are you psyched to see it?
What are your plans this weekend? I realize I'm in the minority with my aversion to Ice Age as this is the 400th(?) film in the series, so I'll forgive you if you're going to see it. I know, it's big of me. What can I say, I'm just that kind of guy.